You would have heard the recent news that the government is putting into place a month-long national lockdown to try to control the spread of Covid-19. This means unfortunately the forge will Close Wednesday 4th November at 7pm and Reopen on the 2nd December 2020 at 9am, but it is business as usual from the 2nd of December onwards. To rebook your voucher please visit our online calendar. https://www.oldfieldforge.co.uk/products/experiences/
We are applying a further month’s extension to all vouchers. This free month extension has been automatically added on top of the previous extension given in March 2020 lock down. If you have any questions regarding your voucher or booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please rest assure we will be doing everything possible to make using your experience voucher as flexible as possible for all our customers.
From All at Oldfield Forge Ltd we would like to thank our guests for their patience and support during this crisis. Your support and understanding are getting this family business through this crisis!
Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) Oldfield Forge Ltd have put a number of controls in place to ensure the opening of the forge has our guests and team’s safety at the forefront. Your health and wellbeing are very important to us, which is why we ask you to follow the guidelines and controls we have in place.
- We do ask any of our guests who show symptoms or have come into contact with those people who have tested positive to get in touch immediately and request to rebook. A minimum of 24hours will need to be given to avoid losing a rebooking of your voucher or booking.
- To minimise contact we ask kindly for all of our guests to email their H&S forms. Please email email@example.com or complete online through our electronic copies.
- We will ask you to keep to social distancing of 2metres at all times and masks are to worn during your time with us.
- Guests will be greeted outside our new workshop on arrival where they will be shown to their forge and equipment.
- The use of face masks is now mandatory at all times, except for when you are shown to your forge. So, on entry, exit, using the toilet, etc. a face mask will need to be worn.
- NHS Test and Trace: Please download the NHS COVID-19 app from the App Store or Google Play and use it to scan the QR code to check-in – it will be displayed at the entrance of the Forge and in various other locations around the workshop. We will still keep the manual register for those who cannot download the app.
- For lunch we do have our Shepherd and Scandinavian huts. However, due to social distancing these will be closed and only our woodlands area can be used.
- Our showroom will be open to help you decide what you would like to make. However, we will be only allowing two people at a time. Drinks can be ordered through a member of our team. Please ask your Blacksmith if you wish to purchase a drink.
- To ensure safe practise and avoid the risk of contamination, we will be ensuring that all tools and workstations are disinfected after use.
- Those who forget their masks, will be asked to purchase a mask at the cost of £1.00.
- All of our guests will have their own tools (no sharing of equipment).
- We ask all of our guests to wash their hands before and after leaving the workshop. There will be hand sanitisers available for you to use, as and when appropriate.
- Aprons are a personal choice to whether you wish to wear. Unfortunately, we are unable to disinfected these and disposable aprons and gloves would be dangerous in this environment.
- We ask polity to not touch our Forge Dog Khaleesi. As cute as she maybe she is not the easiest to disinfect!!
If you have any further questions about your visit, please do get in touch or ask a member of our team. We will continue to follow the Guidelines set by the Government.