We have provided lots of information about our experience days below.
After checking the FAQ, if your question is not answered, please get in touch.
- All Categories
- Bookings, Cancellations & Refunds
- Attending an Experience
- The Items You'll Make
Oldfield Forge is situated 10 miles from Hereford, 9 miles from Ross-on-Wye, 9miles from Monmouth and 11miles from Abergavenny. So, enjoy the beauty of our surroundings, whether you’re looking for a couples break away or group event, family holiday or a day out, Oldfield Forge Experience Day’s has put together a local tourist pack for our local area.
Our local Towns are Hereford, Ross-on-wye & Monmouthshire and they all offer good shopping options.
- Garway Hill - walking attraction to see the wild ponies
- Garway Common - local park
- Pengthley Farm Shop & Garden Centre
- Skenrith Castle
- The Viking Games
- Westons Cider
- Blue Elephant Cafe
- Mountain Mayhem
- Hillside Brewery
- Hereford Cathedral
- Canoe the Wye
- Locks Garage - Whippy ice creams
- Rowlstone Ice Cream
- The Garway Moon Inn
- The Kilpeck Inn
- The New Inn
- The Bell At Skenfiths
- The Bridge At Kentchurch
- The Royal – Ross on Wye
As you would imagine, the longer you have in the forge, the more you can look to achieve! We have so many options for you to choose from during our three or five-hour packages.
Here are some ideas, how adventurous do you feel?!
- Selection of hooks or nails
- Fire poker
- Candlestick holder
- Bottle opener
- Spoon holder
- Pen holder
- Key ring
- Letter opener
- Cheese Knife
- Toasting fork
- Rose – between two people
- Garden snail
- Towel rail
- Small Bell
- Rose – for one person
- Poker and stand
- Dragonfly (garden ornament)
- Hanging basket bracket
- Boot Scraper
- Wall coat rack
- Wall sconce for candle
- Pen holder
- Herb chopper
- Plant climber
- Paper / Viking knife
- Fire tools
- Utensil holder
- Key rack Hanging basket
- Christmas Cracker
- Toilet roll holder
- Butchers hooks
- Cooking hooks
- Leather awls
- Cloak pin
- Forge Chain
Once you have booked your date with us, we have put together a checklist for you for those essentials items before your time with us.
- Online Health & Safety Form – This can be found on your confirmation email
- Online Covid-19 declaration Form – This can be found on your confirmation email
- If you wish to order lunch with the Garway Moon, please ensure this has been done 5 days prior to your visit
The last thing we want is another lockdown! So, we do politely ask that guest wear masks until shown to their forge. Once shown to your area and your blacksmith has granted permission for your mask to be removed, you can then remove your mask.
However, when it is time for lunch, time leave or you require the bathroom, we do request you put your mask back on and you wash your hands.
- We do ask any of our guests who show symptoms or have come into contact with those people who have tested positive to get in touch immediately and request to rebook.
A minimum of 24hours will need to be given to avoid losing a rebooking of your voucher or booking.
- To minimise contact we ask kindly all of our guests to email their H&S forms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete online through our electronic copies.
- We will ask you to keep to social distancing of 2 metres at all times and masks are to be worn during your time with us.
- Guests will be greeted outside our new workshop on arrival where they will be shown their forge and equipment.
- A face mask will need to be worn.
- NHS Test and Trace: Please download the NHS COVID-19 app from the App Store or Google Play and use it to scan the QR code to check-in – it will be displayed at the entrance of the Forge and in various other locations around the workshop. We will still keep the manual register for those who cannot download the app.
- For lunch, only our woodlands area can be used.
- Our showroom will be open to help you decide what you would like to make. However, we will be only allowing two people at a time. Drinks can be ordered through a member of our team. Please ask your Blacksmith if you wish to purchase a drink.
- To ensure safe practice and avoid the risk of contamination, we will be ensuring that all tools and workstations are disinfected after use.
- Those who forget their masks will be asked to purchase a mask at the cost of £1.00.
- All of our guests will have their own tools (no sharing of equipment).
- We ask all of our guests to wash their hands before and after leaving the workshop. There will be hand sanitisers available for you to use, as and when appropriate.
- Aprons are a personal choice whether you wish to wear them. Unfortunately, we are unable to disinfect these and disposable aprons and gloves would be dangerous in this environment.
- We ask politely, please do not touch our Forge Dog Khaleesi. As cute as she may be she is not the easiest to disinfect!!
If you have any further questions about your visit, please do get in touch or ask a member of our team. We will continue to follow the Guidelines set by the Government.
The simple and quick answer is yes! We love welcoming family and friends to the forge to share the experience in any way they can. We have our woodlands area, showroom and viewing area for you to capture the experience too.
Please do tag us on social media with any action shots taken on camera!
Check out our woodlands page to find out more about our onsite facilities.
Yes, of course, nobody is excluded from our packages! We do recommend you speak directly to our office to run over your visit to ensure we are fully equipped for you on your visit.
The forge site is partially wheelchair friendly, however, if you work with our team, we can try and cater for your requirements. We do apologise if on occasion if we are unable to cater for your requirements. Please contact our booking team if you have any further questions.
We are sorry we do not allow any pets on site. This is not only due to health and safety, but our friendly Forge Dogs do not like to share their home or attention!
We have built good relationships with surrounding campsites, B&B's and hotels. Here is a list of our recommended accommodation options when visiting The Forge:
- The Garway Moon
- The Kilpeck Inn
- The Bell at Skenfrith
- The New Inn Herefordshire
- The Cider Mill at Little Garway
- The Old Dairy Farmhouse Air B&B
- Premier Inn hotel Hotels in Hereford, Ross-on-wye & Monmouthshire
To order your lunch for 12oclock delivery please contact The Garway Moon Inn (01600 750 270)
They do require at least five days notice to avoid disappointment. Please note that we do not deal personally with these lunches – please inform the Inn of any food allergies or intolerances.
Your personal protective equipment is provided on arrival. Please do not feel you have to buy this for your visit. However, if you do have your own at home and prefer to bring this with you, then you are more than welcome too.
A t-shirt with a jumper is preferred, no flammable tops such as lycra are allowed to be worn. Jeans or trousers are recommended to be worn. No vests or short-sleeved tops where skin is exposed is advised. No loose cuffs or torn clothing are to be worn, as these can act as a snagging hazard. Shorts or skirts are also not permitted. Overalls can be worn, however, leather aprons are preferred and provided.
If you have steel toe capped boots or supportive footwear then this is preferred. For examples; trainers, ankle boots, walking boots. Open toe shoes or trousers tucked into boots are not allowed.
We do ask for long hair must be tied back and to remove rings, watches or bracelets in the workshop as these pose a snagging hazard.